PoliBook emulates a paper book, on a Windows 8 tablet, permitting students to add notes and sheets. The application provides different views:
- Opened book: two pages are shown on the display
- Two opened books: two books are opened, and one page per book is shown; the two books are navigable independently
- Book plus notebook: one page of the opened book is shown, side-by-side with a page of the notebook associated to the current book; book and notebook are navigable independently
The user can:
- Navigate the book (by page turning, TOC, etc.)
- Annotate book pages, using a stylus
- Add sheets with notes “inside” the book
Designed and developed by:
Gert Petja, Licia Sbattella, Roberto Tedesco
A short demo of PoliBook.
The application is currently under development; we plan to release the source code as soon as possible.